Last One For The Year

Liz wrote this at 01:04 :

Quickie post to finish off 2011.

Kids Christmas outfits, consisting of:

Ottobre 2/2005 #32 Safari Shorts in size 122 & 140. Fantastically easy unisex pattern.

IMG_8481.JPG

IMG_8482.JPG

Ottobre 2/2005 #31 Girl’s Top in size 122 - but lengthened to 146 - this top is ridiculously short! Even lengthened to the biggest size it is only just long enough to cover DD’s tummy. But it is a nice shape, so I will forgive it.

IMG_8478.JPG

Ottobre 3/2010 #35 Beat T-shirt in size 140. Love this top! Looks fantastic on my DS too.

IMG_8479.JPG

Monsters from The Big Book of Knitted Monsters. There is Cecil (for DH), Dot (for DD) and Tony (for DS).

IMG_8492.JPG

IMG_8493.JPG

IMG_8445.JPG

IMG_8447.JPG

IMG_8510.JPG

Some Pimpicuffs for my nieces. Really must make one for myself now.

IMG_8432.JPG

And some Monster Chunks for my 2 SIL’s :)

IMG_8442.JPG

IMG_8440.JPG

IMG_8441.JPG

Also an 18m size Milo as a birthday present. I used the ladder and daisy stitch instead of a cable.

IMG_8473.JPG

IMG_8474.JPG

I think that is about it. What a great learning year 2011 was!

Cheers!

Project Round-up To Finish Up The Year

Liz wrote this at 06:03 :

Just about anyways. All that I am making now is pretty much Christmas presents, so I won’t be able to share them for a few more weeks yet.

My knitting needles were in the KnitPicks binder when I got them, but I found it fiddly and rather bulky to store everything in there. Plus I also needed somewhere to store my collection of sock sized fixed circulars. So one day I decided to sit down and design my own, exactly how I wanted it. I used some nice sturdy denim from the op-shop, I think it was the same stuff I used for my bag, and some cute mushroom fabric for the inside. I only had 1m of the inner fabric, and I tried to use it as wisely as I could, but I also wanted to sew the inner, with as few seams as possible. So the pockets were created by folding the fabric in a sort of flat concertina style.

There is a velcro pocket up the top for my end caps and keys, and an open pocket for my needle sizer. The top folds down to protect the tips of the sock circs, and to keep the cables falling out, and there is a flap over the interchangeable tips to protect them.

IMG_8060.JPG

IMG_8061.JPG

IMG_8062.JPG

IMG_8066.JPG

In making things for myself, I finally ordered the Farbenmix LangeneB pattern from Crafty Mamas. I had some beautiful hemp denim (also from CM’s) sitting around waiting for the perfect project, and this was it. Just gorgeous to sew, and a lovely pattern with a nice fit. Plus check out my invisible zipper!

IMG_8170.JPG

IMG_8172.JPG

In the making of things for others there has been some poncho style things for DD’s teacher - quite literally a square of fabric with a neck hole in the middle, that her class use for simple dress-ups. I think I made about 11 all up. These are just the first 3, I didn’t photograph the rest.

IMG_8081.JPG

There was some baby gifts for some friends - the blanket took me ages, but looks pretty good. And the vest is a Milo, in a size 9 months so bub will fit it for next winter.

IMG_8145.JPG

IMG_8146.JPG

IMG_8156.JPG

IMG_8157.JPG

IMG_8274.JPG

IMG_8275.JPG

For the kids - I knitted some washcloths - mainly for practice and to whittle the stash down a little. A flower and a star.

IMG_8217.JPG

IMG_8219.JPG

Some more dyeing - the blue-y colour is an op-shop lot of wool, that was originally a piney blue-green and is planned for a cardigan for my DD. The purple, red-black, and purple-red-blue, are all BWM 4ply, originally Frost. They are all planned for socks.

IMG_8252.JPG

IMG_8254.JPG

IMG_8111.JPG

IMG_8112.JPG

IMG_8368.JPG

IMG_8372.JPG

IMG_8374.JPG

And lastly, some soap (we are nearly finished this batch), some doll dresses for my little niece for her birthday and a shawl, that I used the wrong yarn for so it isn’t very good. But it was good practice.

IMG_7984.JPG

IMG_8332.JPG

IMG_8165.JPG

IMG_8166.JPG

Cheers!